(TO BE PUBLISHED IN PART IV OF THE DELHI GAZETTEE : EXTRAORDINARY)
GOVT OF NATIONAL CAPITAL TERRITORY OF DELHI
No. F 19(8)/05/LC/CIS/2843 Dated: 07 August, 2007
No. F 19(8)/05/LC/CIS/2843 - The following draft of rules further to amend the Delhi Shops and Establishments Rules, 1954 which the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi proposes to make, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 47 of the Delhi Shops and Establishments Act,1954 (Delhi Act 7 of 1954) is hereby published in pursuance of sub-section (1) of section 47 of the said Act for the information of the persons likely to be effected thereby, and notice is hereby given that the said draft will be taken up for consideration, after the expiry of a period of 30 days from the date of publication of this notification in the Delhi Gazette together with the objections and suggestions received in respect thereto, by the stipulated period.
The objections and suggestions in this behalf should be addressed to the Joint Secretary (Labour), Room No. 52, C-Block, 5 Shamnath Marg, Delhi 110054.
1. Short title and commencement:-
- These rules may be called the Delhi Shops and Establishments (Amendment) Rules, 2007.
- They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Delhi Gazette.
2.Substitution of new rule for rule 3:-
In the Delhi Shops and Establishments Rules, 1954 (hereinafter referred to as “the principal Rules”), for rule 3, the following rule shall be substituted, namely - “3. Form of submitting a statement, the fees and other particulars under sub-section (1) of section 5.- within ninety days from the commencement of the Delhi Shops and Establishments (Amendment) Rules, 2007 or the commencement of work by the establishment, whichever is later, the occupier of the establishment shall send to the Chief Inspector through the Citizen Service Bureau of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi, or any other agency specified in this behalf, a statement in Form “A”, duly supported by an affidavit together with the fee prescribed in Schedule I for registration of the establishment”.
3. Amendment of rule 4:-
In the principal Rules, in rule 4, after the word “settlement” the following words shall be added “ordinarily by way of an affidavit confirming the correctness of the information given in Form A.”
4. Amendment of rule 5:-
In the principal Rules, in rule 5, for the words “twenty one years”, the words “one year” shall be substituted.
5. Amendment of Schedule I:-
In the principal Rules, in the Schedule I, for the table given there under, the following Table shall be substituted, namely:-
|No. of employees||Registration/Renewal fee per year Rs.|
|1 - 5||150/-|
|101 and above||4000/-|
BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE Lt. GOVERNOR OF THE NATIONAL CAPITAL TERRITORY OF DELHI
No. F 19(8)/05/LC/CIS/2843
Dated: 07 August, 2007
Copy to :-
- The Secretary to the Lt. Governor, Delhi.
- The Pr. Secretary (Labour), Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
- The Pr. Secretary (L.J&L.A.), Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
- The Secretary to the Chief Minister, Government of N.C.T. of Delhi.
- The Secretary to the Minister of Labour, Govt. of N.C.T. of Delhi.
- Labour Commissioner, 5, Sham Nath Marg, Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
- The Deputy Secretary (GAD) Co-ordination Branch: in duplicate, for publication in Delhi Gazette, Part-IV Extraordinary of today's date.
- All JLCs/DLCs/ALCs/LOs. Labour Department, Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
- Guard file.
Joint Secretary (Labour)